Monday 8 July 2013

Goodbye Canada, Hello USA

It was an early start to get from Claytons to Winnipeg airport, to catch my flight to Chicago to transfer to Birmingham, Alabama not the west midlands. After dropping off the hire car and eventually getting to the front of the queue to check in, I find out that the plane from Chicago is delayed, due to bad weather. Is this weather following me?  Therefore I will miss my connecting flight to Alabama, but that's Ok there is a later flight. After experiencing the delights of Winnipeg International for a few hours, thankfully there was free wifi, we were airbourne bound for Chicago. We arrive 30 mins before my later flight to Birmingham departed, and  I basically walked from plane to plane, thinking I hope my bag makes the transfer. Low and behold I arrive safely in Buurminghaam, Alabama, but my bag wanted a night in Chicago! When I enquire about my bag, I am told it will be sent by courier to my hotel the next day, and there are five courier pick ups a day from the airport, so a regular occurrence. Eventually 18 hrs after setting of I get to my hotel and crash out.

No comments:

Post a Comment